You may be nervous about your first visit but there really is no need. Our osteopaths are primary health care providers & highly skilled. They use various gentle techniques according to your particular condition including:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Soft Tissue Stretching
- Ultra Sound
- K Taping (if necessary)
- Home exercises
All new patients are asked to complete a simple personal history form. Your osteopath needs to know about any previous medical problems, current medication and of course, most importantly, details of the condition that you need help with now.
During your initial consultation your osteopath will:
- Spend time getting to know you & your medical history
- Perform a comprehensive medical examination
- Ask you to perform some simple movements
- Discuss diagnosis & treatment options with you
- Appropriate treatment begins
- Arrange private specialist investigations if necessary ie MRI or X rays
If you would prefer please feel free to bring a friend or family member for moral support. However many, now pain-free patients, often wonder why they left it so long to get treatment!
Some people may prefer to opt for a medical check up and a chat with a practitioner first to discuss treatment options, and that is why we over a Diagnostic Assessment appointment for just £20.